On the subject of SSA, JREF, RDFRS, et al:
I think that’s pretty much right. The organizations aren’t against us, but they’re not really for us either. They’re doing other things.
Minor correction for Ophelia: These organizations were doing other things and really should be doing other things.
- Leaving you to deal with your online persona *
- Leaving the police and hotel staff to deal with what happens in elevators at 4AM
- Leaving it to YouTube and Twitter to decide which interactions cross the line
- Ignoring any bizarre beefs members might have with one another
- Staying away from the general Twitter complaint-fest
Secular organizations may not care much about feminism (at least not to your satisfaction).
Here's a short list of things secular organizations have little time for:
- Legalizing gay marriage
- Gun control (or gun rights, depending on one's opinions)
- Immigration reform
- Income equality
- Foreign aid
- Israeli/Palestinian conflict
- Union busting (or right-to-work, depending on one's opinions)
- Drug policy reform
- Health care reform
If Ophelia, SkepChicks, FreeThoughtBlogs and Atheism+ want to talk about this nonsense more, they can form a political party or lobby group.
It's obvious that these unrepentant shills do not even know what the hell a non-profit charitable educational organization is.
And please, move to Portland, and disconnect your internet. The result ought to be a mind-numbingly safe space.